The information we receive, and how we use it, depends on what you do when visiting our web site. We collect and use your non-personal information (information that is not identifiable to you personally) differently than your personal information.
What is non-personal information?
Non-personal information is information we collect through this web site that does not identify you as an individual person. It may include information such as the following:
- the type of web browser software you use (for example, Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer)
- the name of the domain from which you access the Internet
- the Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our web site
- the date and time you access our web site
- which pages you have visited on our web site
- the search terms you use
- the links on which you click
- personal information that has been been made non-personal or anonymized (i.e., information that no longer reflects or references an individually identifiable user)
If you only read or download information on our web site, we do not collect or learn your name, e-mail address, home address, or other personal information about you. We may place a text file called a cookie in the browser files of your computer when you visit. The cookie may be stored on your computer’s hard drive. The information that we collect using cookies is non-personal information. US Government Information Bulletin (I-034) contains a good description of cookie technology at: http://www.criminology.net/. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but some parts of our web site may not work properly for you if you do so. We do not allow third parties, other than those companies that we hire to perform services or functions on our behalf, to place cookies on our web site.
What does Sotera Wireless do with non-personal information?
Because non-personal information cannot identify you or be tied to you in any way, there are no restrictions on the ways that we can use or share non-personal information. We are always looking for ways to better serve you and improve this web site. We use non-personal information from you to help us make this web site more useful to visitors. We also use non-personal information for other business purposes. For example, we may use non-personal information or aggregate non-personal information to:
- create reports for internal use to develop programs, products, services or content
- customize the information or services that are of interest to you
- share it with or sell it to third parties
- provide aggregated “traffic statistics” and “response rates” to third parties
What is personal information?
Personal information is information we collect through this web site that we can use to specifically identify you, such as your:
- telephone number
- e-mail address
- medical device serial number
- date of birth
How does Sotera Wireless keep and use personal information?
We may keep and use personal information we collect from you through this web site to provide you with access to this web site. In addition, we may keep and use your personal information:
- to respond to your requests
- to personalize your access to our web site, for example, by telling you about new features that may be of interest to you
- to develop records, including records of your personal information
- to contact you with information that might be of interest to you, including information about clinical trials and about products and services of ours and of others
- for analytical purposes and to research, develop and improve programs, products, services and content
- to remove your personal identifiers (your name, e-mail address, social security number, etc). In this case, you would no longer be identified as a single unique individual. Once we have de-identified information, it is non-personal information and we may treat it like other non-personal information.
- to protect our rights or property
- to protect someone’s health, safety or welfare
- to comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process
Does Sotera Wireless ever share personal information with third parties?
In the ordinary course of business, we share some personal information with companies that we hire to perform services or functions on our behalf. For example, we may use different vendors or suppliers to ship you products that you order on our web site. In these cases, we provide the vendor with information to process your order such as your name and mailing address. In all cases in which we share your personal information with a third party, we do not authorize them to keep, disclose or use your information with others except for the purpose of providing the services we asked them to provide. We do not sell, exchange or publish your personal information, except in conjunction with a corporate sale, merger, dissolution, or acquisition.
We may be legally compelled to release your personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law or regulation. We may cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and prosecuting web site visitors who violate our rules or engage in behavior which is harmful to other visitors (or illegal).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we feel that the disclosure is necessary to:
- protect our rights or property
- protect someone’s health, safety or welfare
- comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process
What about privacy on other web sites?
Does Sotera Wireless ever communicate directly with visitors to this web site?
We may contact you periodically by e-mail, mail or telephone if you agree to that contact to provide information regarding programs, products, services and content that may be of interest to you. In addition, some of the features on this web site allow you to communicate with us using an online form. If your communication requests a response from us, we will send you a response via e-mail. The e-mail response or confirmation may include your personal information, including personal information about your health, your name, address, etc. We cannot guarantee that our e-mails to you will be secure from unauthorized interception. If you do not wish to receive further information, please use the Contact Us through the web site and request to be removed from the contact list. We will use reasonable efforts to remove your name from the list.
Are there special rules about children’s privacy?
We care about protecting the online privacy of children. We do not intentionally collect any personal information (such as a child’s name or e-mail address) from children under the age of 13. If you think that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us.
What about web site security?
Security is very important to us. We also understand that security is important to you. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from this site may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
How to contact Sotera Wireless