ViSi Mobile Smart Tip - Corrosion
Corrosion is most often caused by improper cleaning or drying of the devices. Corrosion is visible along the edge of the contacts. The greenish discoloration and white residue are indicators of corrosion.
Nursing personnel are responsible for the cleaning of patient care equipment, abiding by manufacturer recommendations. Patient care equipment such as blood pressure cuffs, O2 saturation monitors, etc. are cleaned once daily or after patient use as indicated.
To clean the ViSi Mobile Monitoring System components:
- Hand-wash the System components using mild soap or detergent (e.g. Alconox) and water. Use moistened cloth to remove the residual cleaner.
- Dry the System components.
- Visually examine each System component to ensure all soil contaminants have been removed.
To disinfect the ViSi Mobile System Components:
- Disinfect the reusable components by following the recommended application of the disinfectant or use a basic wipe moistened with 70% isopropyl alcohol.
- Dry thoroughly.
To prevent corrosion:
- Avoid cleaners with hydrogen peroxide or bleach
- If bleach is used (C. diff patients), rinse the residue off with water after the exposure time elapses
- Allow the equipment to dry completely before docking onto chargers
Use only approved alcohol-based cleaners like Super Sani-Cloths on gold pins.
Other disinfection reminders:
- Never place the ViSi Mobile Monitor, the ViSi Mobile Cuff Module, or the ViSi Power Pack into the ViSi Mobile Charger while connected to a patient.
- Never connect the ViSi Mobile Monitor directly to an AC power outlet. To recharge the battery, disconnect the Monitor from the patient, and then place it in the ViSi Mobile Charger.
- Never connect the ViSi Mobile Cuff Module directly to an AC power outlet. To recharge the battery, disconnect the Cuff Module from the patient, and then place it in the ViSi Mobile Charger.