ViSi Mobile Smart Tip - NIBP Adapter Hose
The ViSi Mobile Monitoring System is a sophisticated multi-parameter vital signs monitor. In order to optimize the user of ViSi, please adhere to the following instructions related to cleaning or disinfecting, preparation, inspection, and disposal of any parts of the System.
There are numerous things that need setting up, especially when you’re preparing for a New Patient, but before anything else, Cleaning and Inspecting the Equipment and Accessories is a must before setting all this up. the NIBP Adapter Hose is just one of the many parts of the System.
Prior to cleaning and disinfecting
- Pre-clean at the point of use to remove and prevent drying of soil and contaminants.
- Ensure all components are disconnected, including the ViSi Mobile Monitor from the Wrist Cradle and the Thumb Sensor from the Thumb Wrap.
- When cleaning the optional ViSi Power Pack, first remove the Power Pack from the Power Pack Cradle. All components of the ViSi Power Pack should be cleaned and disinfected between uses.
- Do not use bleach, abrasive cleaning agents, or organic solvents on any of the ViSi Mobile Monitoring System components
- Do not autoclave the ViSi Mobile Monitor, its components, or accessories
- Do not use excessive amounts of liquid when cleaning the ViSi Mobile Chest Sensor Cable Chest Sensor or the ViSi Mobile Thumb Sensor.
Recommended cleaning/disinfection agents. Use either of the following:
- Clean with soap or detergent followed by disinfection with 70% isopropyl alcohol.
- Clean and disinfect with Super Sani-Cloth® Germicidal Disposable Wipes
To Clean the ViSi Mobile Monitoring System Components:
- Hand-wash the System components using mild soap or detergent (e.g. Alconox) and water. Do not apply any liquid to the Cuff Module or Power Pack, instead use a damp cloth.
- A soft-bristled brush may be used for heavily soiled areas, as needed.
- Dry thoroughly using a soft cloth or paper towel.
- Visually examine the reusable components to ensure all soil contaminants have been removed.
- Repeat the above cleaning process as required
Preparation: Inspecting the Equipment and Accessories
In order to set up the complete ViSi Mobile Monitoring System, you will need the following components:
- ViSi Mobile Disposable Kit (select size)
- ViSi Mobile Monitor
- ViSi Mobile Cuff Module
- ViSi Mobile Thumb Sensor
- ViSi Mobile Chest Sensor (3 lead-wire or 5 lead-wire configurations)
Before starting patient monitoring, you should visually inspect the ViSi Mobile Monitoring System components:
- For each component, examine the exteriors for cleanliness and general physical conditions. Ensure the housings are not cracked or broken, that everything is present, there are no spilled liquids and no signs of abuse
- Inspect all component cables for damage. Check their strain relief (at flex points) for general conditions. Ensure there are no breaks or cracks in the cables. If any cables show signs of damage, do not use them.
- Inspect all disposable accessories (Wrist Cradle, Cuff, Thumb Strap, Securements, etc). If any show signs of damage or pre-use, do not use.
- The NIBP adapter hose is used with your facility’s blood pressure cuff to connect the cuff module for taking blood pressures
- Routinely inspect NIBP hose adapters for the need to be replaced.
- NIBP hose adapters are reusable for up to 90 days until they need to be replaced.
After Use: Inspecting the Equipment and Accessories
After cleaning and disinfecting, you should visually inspect the ViSi Mobile Monitoring System components and replace any System components that show evidence of anomalies.
To avoid contaminating or infecting personnel, the environment, or other equipment, make sure to disinfect and decontaminate the ViSi Mobile Monitoring System, Thumb Sensor, and disposables components appropriately before disposing of them in accordance with your country’s laws for equipment containing electrical and electronic parts.
- Dispose of hose adapter (keep your hospital-supplied connector that fits BP cuff end) when it no longer works – e.g., black clip or red dot is missing.
- After patient use, the disposables from the ViSi Disposable Kit may contain biohazard materials. Handle and dispose of these items according to your facility’s policies
Contact the Sotera Wireless, Inc. Customer Service Department or the Sotera Wireless, Inc. representative in your area to obtain additional information about cleaning and disinfecting the ViSi Mobile Monitoring System components or product disposal.